Courtesy of Jack Mathers/Jack’s Fish Spot
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Feeds: 6 people
Click here to order Manila Clams.
Note: Think about 1 pound of clams per person.
6 dozen fresh clams
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup white wine
2 cups clam juice or water
Chopped parsley leaves
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- Wash the clams thoroughly and remove any open clams.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan (with a cover) over medium heat.
- Cook garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the clams and clam juice (or water) and cover the pan for about 10 minutes or until the clams open.
- Discard any clams that do not open and put clams in one or two large bowls or 6 serving bowls.
- Melt the butter in the pan juices with season salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce and melted butter over the clams.
- Garnish with thyme or parsley.